Sunday 13 January 2013

About me and my crochet blog

I have decided to start this blog to share my experiences, failures, successes, ideas etc. of my crocheting. I have not been crochet that long; I tried it a few times about 2 years ago, then tried making the odd crochet square last year when someone bought me a crochet magazine with a started DVD in it, but its only in the last couple of months that I've become truly addicted to it! I've been spending any spare time watching YouTube videos and finding patterns on line, and as it's reading other people's blogs that inspired me to try crocheting I thought I would follow their example. I am still a relative beginner; I can do most stitches but I have only tried a few different projects and I'm still learning loads every time.

I first tried crochet a couple of years ago. My mum was into knitting, but she knew a little bit about crochet and showed me how to do a basic single crochet stitch. I went on YouTube and found out how to start with slip knot, chain and then how to turn at the end of each row and I started making lots of small squared out of any wool I could find. However, I didn't really know how to do anything else, and because I thought that all crochet was good for was for making patchwork blankets I quickly got bored and moved on.

It was about a year later when someone bought me a crochet magazine, and I remembered that I quite enjoyed it. I learned a few more stitches such as the double and triple, but again because I didn't really know what to do with it I left it. In the summer holidays last year (2012) I wanted to take up a hobby, so I started looking online at beginner crochet projects, and I loved them! There were all sorts of ideas to colourful pillows and blankets to gloves, hats, adorable arigurumi toys, phone cases, bags, the list goes on. I immediately threw myself into crocheting and I've been pretty obsessed with it ever since! I would like to make some "how-to" videos online, but I'm pretty nervous about that and so begins this blog, and I hope that if anyone is reading this then you get some ideas for your crochet, or even better give me some tips and ideas on how to improve mine as I am still very much learning as I go!

Isobel Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment