Thursday 14 November 2013

Puzzle balls, scarves and snowflakes...must be nearly Christmas!

I have just finished my first placement of my second year of my Primary teaching course, which means I've had to go a whole month without my crochet!

My placement was interesting, but I won't miss the hour commute each way. Also, now I can get back into my crochet and start on my huge list of Christmas presents. I've got some ideas but it's going to take all the TV shows on Netflix until I get halfway into the projects, not to mention juggling 4

I'm currently working on making an Amish Puzzle ball using this pattern:


At the moment I am having a lot of trouble making the "lid" parts. I'm having to change the instructions from USA to UK terms (using UK double crochets). No idea if anyone else is currently making or has made one of these but mine just doesn't look right. I'm trying to sew material on the outside instead but it's really tricky. I've  decided I'm going to take a break and make some snowflakes for a while. Browsing Reddit has thrown up some great links, I can't wait to get going.




I have made a few prototype snowflakes from this PDF file just using normal white crochet thread and a 2mm hook. I starched them just using PVA glue and water (not the stiffest finish but allowed me to sprinkle some glitter on the snowflakes to make them pretty!). Between university and my new job I really hope I'll get time to crochet a few more things.

No comments:

Post a Comment