Friday 8 March 2013

Spontaneous iPad case project

About two weeks ago I went home from Uni for the weekend and found all my coloured wool, and was desperate to make something. My boyfriend was recently given an iPad mini from his Uni Robotics course and so I started making the world's most simple case. I basically started by chaining 28 and then 56 rows of double crochet, and then just changed colour every two rows. The whole case is made out of one scarf like piece folded up and then stitched up the sides in black using single crochets.

The stripes on the back are the same as the front to create coloured bands going round the case.

I was worried that this would look really bad, but as crazy as it looks I have to say I am pretty chuffed with the end result :)

I feel so much more confident about my crochet, and love being able to look at projects and think yeah, I can do that. Getting to the end and finishing a crochet project is just the best feeling in the world!

2 comments:

  1. I like it, it's really cute infact I'm going to try and make me one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! If you make one please post a picture :)

    ReplyDelete